Photo Credit: Greylag
It’s true that there are no shortage of emotive folk artists in the world, but that certainly does not negate their ability to make an impact.
Take Greylag for example; the band has captured such purity in their music that it is impossible not to connect with them. Minimal and raw, their debut EP, The Only Way To Kill You, is far too short to do justice to the depth of emotion that the band is capable of.
In a way that I can’t quite describe (maybe because I haven’t been myself) it makes complete sense for them to pay homage to the Pacific Northwest with their mix. Yes, the band is based in Portland, but the relationship is deeper than that. Their whole “musical aura” seems to be the color of gloomy skies, and the feel of a cool drizzle on your skin.
When you love someone like awesome what head-over-heels, heart-warming-and-breaking songs do you listen to?
1. Death Cab For Cutie “I Will Follow You Into The Dark” ♫ http://twt.fm/374884
2. Ben Folds “The Luckiest” ♫ http://twt.fm/374897
3. The Avett Brothers “January Wedding” ♫ http://twt.fm/374908
4. Kevin Devine “A Billion Bees” http://bit.ly/dnM5RD
5. One Eskimo “Amazing” ♫ http://twt.fm/374948
6. Common “The Light” ♫ http://twt.fm/374966
7. Ray LaMontagne “You Are The Best Thing” ♫ http://twt.fm/374972
8. Elliott Smith “Angel In the Snow” http://twt.fm/374891
9. The Guggenheim Grotto “Sunshine Makes Me High” ♫ http://twt.fm/374997
10. Blur “No Distance Left To Run” ♫ http://twt.fm/375008
11. Feist “The Park” ♫ http://twt.fm/375006
12. Arcade Fire “My Body is a Cage” ♫ http://twt.fm/375009
13. O+S “Lonely Ghosts” ♫ http://twt.fm/375012
14. “Such Great Heights” as covered by Iron & Wine
15. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros “Home” ♫ http://twt.fm/375023
They say fighting in a relationship is healthy, but where’s the line between “save the drama” and “see you later”? Below are some songs to get you through those tough times..or just fuel the fire…
1. Lady Gaga “Bad Romance” (video in honor of Alexander McQueen, RIP)
2. Junior Boys “Hazel”
3. Adele “Cold Shoulder”
4. Imogen Heap “I Am In Love With You”
5. Amy Winehouse “Back To Black”
6. Katy Perry “Hot N Cold”
7. Band of Skulls “Light Of The Morning”
8. Avril Lavigne “It’s Complicated”
What songs have I missed that MUST be included? Great scenes from movies or TV that use any of the above in a particularly great way?
I want your thoughts!