By Amanda DK
The Avett Brothers have a very special place in my heart.
I’ll admit, for most of my collegiate first few post-grad years, when I first moved to Los Angeles, my musical knowledge was very limited. It wasn’t because I didn’t love music, I just viewed the world of music much like I still do Sephora: vast and overwhelming. I didn’t know where to start.
When I first started dating my current boyfriend, one of the first artists I remember hearing in his car was The Avett Brothers. It was right around when I And Love And You came out, and I was transfixed. I listened to it so much that I was actually able to learn the words to most of the songs (something I am terrible at). This was the kind of music I liked.
When you love someone like awesome what head-over-heels, heart-warming-and-breaking songs do you listen to?
1. Death Cab For Cutie “I Will Follow You Into The Dark” ♫ http://twt.fm/374884
2. Ben Folds “The Luckiest” ♫ http://twt.fm/374897
3. The Avett Brothers “January Wedding” ♫ http://twt.fm/374908
4. Kevin Devine “A Billion Bees” http://bit.ly/dnM5RD
5. One Eskimo “Amazing” ♫ http://twt.fm/374948
6. Common “The Light” ♫ http://twt.fm/374966
7. Ray LaMontagne “You Are The Best Thing” ♫ http://twt.fm/374972
8. Elliott Smith “Angel In the Snow” http://twt.fm/374891
9. The Guggenheim Grotto “Sunshine Makes Me High” ♫ http://twt.fm/374997
10. Blur “No Distance Left To Run” ♫ http://twt.fm/375008
11. Feist “The Park” ♫ http://twt.fm/375006
12. Arcade Fire “My Body is a Cage” ♫ http://twt.fm/375009
13. O+S “Lonely Ghosts” ♫ http://twt.fm/375012
14. “Such Great Heights” as covered by Iron & Wine
15. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros “Home” ♫ http://twt.fm/375023